Maternity Leave Ministerial order
MATERNITY LEAVE BENEFITS SCHEME
Allows expectant salaried women benefit maternity leave with full pay.
Ensure women in maternity leave, the right to 12 weeks.
- Maternity leave duration
- Remuneration during maternity leave
- Sufficient leave for pregnancy and childbirth recovery; exclusive breastfeeding for the baby’s health and development, attachment and care;
- Full salary;
- One additional month of benefits in case of delivery complications, necessitating prolonged maternity leave.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR MATERNITY LEAVE BENEFITS
- must be on maternity leave;
- must have contributed at least 1 month preceding the month in which maternity leave starts;
- present a medical certificate of delivery.
SUBJECTS TO CONTRIBUTIONS
All workers governed by labor law, by general statutes for public service or by special statutes.
- 0.6% of Gross salary:
- 0.3% employer’s share
- 0.3% employee’s share
If an employee has more than one employer, each remits contributions.
HOW DO MATERNITY LEAVE BENEFITS ARE PAID
The employer shall pay 12 weeks’ wages. At end of period, the employer requests RSSB reimbursement for the last 6 weeks of maternity leave.
REQUEST FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF MATERNITY LEAVE BENEFITS
The request for reimbursement form shall be filled by the employer and accompanied by:
- Application for maternity leave benefits form signed by the woman who delivered;
- A copy of identity card/passport of the insured woman;
- A document from the employer stating that the woman was on maternity leave;
- Detailed pay slips related to the maternity leave period signed by both employee and employer and stamped;
- An original copy of the medical certificate of delivery;
- A medical certificate justifying the extension of leave;
- A guardianship certificate.
WHEN TO SUBMIT THE REQUEST FOR BENEFITS REIMBURSEMENT
- Within 6 months from beginning of maternity leave.
- Within 30 days from reception date of reimbursement request.
- Calculated based on last woman’s salary during maternity leave to which the contribution was subscribed.